My Favorite Place - N4 Bridge


N4 Bridge is one of my fav places in chennai. Most of the people dono if such place exist, may be some of them from north chennai know tht place.
This bridge got this name coz a police station named N4 is in the enterance of the bridge. This bridge is very different from other bridges and flyover in the city. This Bridge is built on the sea and it externds upto half kilometre from shore in to the sea. It is actually build to protect the chennai fishing harbour from the tusami and high tide waves, It reduces the speed of waves hitting the shores. I use to visit this bridge atleast once in a week mostly on sunday or saturday morning. If u stand in the edge of this bridge we can feel a cool sea breaze and can see the ful cost of north chennai from there ie from chennai port to ennore port. Coming to this place really relax me from the whole week stress. if we come here we can see small boats fishing on the see and we can also some people fishing from the brisge by using fishing hooks. this place had converted me into a poet . it is the first place where i started writing poem to say this place made me to write poem . when ever my frinds come to my home who actually resides in other part of chennai i bring them to the bridge , when ever they come to my house again they prompt me to go there again. if u find time on week end morning pls do visit here, get a new experience. this brigde is located on de suryanarayanan road which is parallel to the TH road , it is in de middle of the way from Tondiarpet to tolgate..
The Images are Satellite map of n4 bridge, thanks to google earth.
For more pics of n4 bridge and chennai fishing harbour visit the following link
N4 Bridge and Chennai Fishing Harbour Album

 

0 comments: